On 17/03/2016 08:56, Jonathan Liu wrote:
Hi,

I have opened the following ticket for 4800 dpi scanning on Canon LiDE 220:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=315339&group_id=30186&atid=410366

I just want to confirm, does this scanner support 4800 dpi x 4800 dpi
scanning as indicated in the manufacturer specification? I was
checking 4800 dpi scan in GIMP and I see blocks of 2 duplicated pixels
in the X direction when scanned using SANE but not when using Canon
ScanGear on Windows.

Regards,
Jonathan
    Hello,

the backend has only 2400 optical dpi x 4800 motor dpi. Pixels are 'doubled' to get proper aspect ratio for the result. I'll try to find some time to do a wrireshark recording of a 4800x4800 scan to check if it's possible to implement it in the genesys backend.

Regards,
    Stef