Hey Klaus,

Would you be interested in trying to get the scanner to work? Let me
know as I will otherwise get rid of my RPS 7200 and find something that
is supported by sane.

Best,
Julian

On Thu, 01.06.17 16:50, Julian Hauser wrote:
On Thu, 01.06.17 16:59, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Julian Hauser <jul...@julianhauser.com> [Jun 01. 2017 11:20]:

It does seem to fail at a different point now.

Yes, indeed

If I look at the logs there does seem to be (though my interpretation
might be totally off) some calibration info coming from the scanner
(starting at around line 8034), but it then fails just after at
"sanei_pieusb_cmd_get_scanned_lines". Any idea what could be the cause
of this?

Your scanner needs a (slightly?) different protocol than the other
(pieusb-based) Reflecta scanners.

Getting this right is a larger operation, involving VirtualBox,
Windows (with the original Reflecta driver), USB port forwarding, and
a lot of USB debugging.

All doable, but might need *a lot* of time.

I would be up for doing the testing etc., if you're interested in trying
to get this scanner to work. I can set up VirtualBox with the CyberView
software, which shouldn't be too hard. I've never done USB debugging but
if you point me in the right direction, I should be able to do it.

Klaus