On 11/14/2017 01:18 AM, Guillaume Courtois wrote:
Le 14/11/2017 03:45, ToddAndMargo a écrit :
On 11/12/2017 01:06 AM, Guillaume Courtois wrote:
Le 12/11/2017 10:03, ToddAndMargo a écrit :
On 11/12/2017 12:59 AM, Guillaume Courtois wrote:
Usually stop is called right after start if you
do not have a

     RemainAfterExit=yes

Sure about that ? Seems strange to me.

But I do not see a stop here.

Yep, definitively missing.

If you have a "stop" and "RemainAfterExit=no", it
will call "stop" right after it calls "start".
That is probably why they left off the "stop"

I mean, if you put nothing it will not trigger a stop when you launch it.

So for me the RemainAfterExit=yes is implicit.
But surely, if you add RemainAfterExit=no you must have a stop script.

Also, if you do a systemctl stop service_name, it uses the stop command too.

I am looking to see if the lack of a stop line affects
systemctl's "stop" and "reload" functions

I'd say yes, but maybe a unit to manage a socket does not need a stop function ?

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.service.html
from example 1

    "Since no ExecStop= was specified, systemd will send SIGTERM
    to all processes started from this service, and after
    a timeout also SIGKILL. This behavior can be modified, see
    systemd.kill(5) for details."

I couldn't find anyuthing on ExecReload