*Dear Candidate,*

*We have an urgent opening for and I have sent you a job description please
go through it and let me know if you are comfortable with it and also send
me your consultant's updated.   *

*Title: Big Data - Data Lake Developer Location: Milpitas, CA Contract:
1+yr (renewed quarterly) *

*Rate: $55/hr *

*Interview: Webcam for non local and in person for local*

·         *Candidates are required to take a java programming test with
prime vendor on Skype. The results must be shared with the client/Cisco. *

·         *The Data Lake engineer should come from the background of a
senior Hadoop developer. The position will be in support of data
management, ingestion, and client consumption. *

·         *This individual has an absolute requirement to be well versed in
Big Data fundamentals such as HDFS and YARN. *

·         *More than a working knowledge of Hive is required with
understanding of partitioning/reducer size/block sizing/etc. Preferably,
the candidate has a strong knowledge of Spark on either Python or Scala.
Basic Spark knowledge is required. *

·         *Knowledge of other industry ETL tools (including No SQL) such
Cassandra/Drill/Impala/etc. is a plus. *

·         *The candidate should be comfortable with Unix and standard
enterprise environment tools/tech such as ftp/scp/ssh/Java/Python/SQL/etc. *

·         *Our Enterprise environment also contains a number of other
Utilities such as Tableau, Informatica, Pentaho, Mule, Talend, and others.
Proficiency in these is a plus.*

*Must have: Java + big data (hive hbase).*

·         *Big Data - Data Lake Developer:*

·         *Very strong in Core Java implementations. All the applications
in Big Data are written in core Java. *

·         *Must be able to code algorithms and try to reduce Big O in Java
(O(n), O(n log n), O(n2), etc). Eg: sorting, searching, etc. *

·
*Client is going to ask the candidate to implement code in core java on a
webex (audio, video and screen sharing). Scoop is being used heavily. 90%
of all the data imports are being done using Scoop. Number of ways the data
can be imported, parameters*

·         *used, distribute jobs, optimize the parameters, etc *

·         *Very good understanding and implementation experience of Hive
and HBase (NoSQL) *

·         *Wiring Bash scripts (Shell Scripting) and working in Unix
environment is mandatory most of the unix commands, grep logs, write bash
scripts and schedule them, etc *

·         *Excellent in RDBMS SQL. Client has access to many data sources
Teradata, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle etc. The candidate must be able to
easily connect and run complex queries. *

·         *Python and Kafka are a plus *

·         *Java REST API implementation is a plus*

[...]

[image: logo]

*Rohit Bhasin |*  lead Recruiter | Apetan Consulting LLC

Tel: 201-620-9700* |121| Fax:2015266869 | *Mail *: 72 van reipen ave
pmb#255, Jersey City, NJ 07306|

*Corp. Office:*  15 Union Avenue,  office # 6,  Rutherford, New Jersey
07070|

ro...@apetan.com| www.apetan.com |

*“Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason it
will work**"*

[image: https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/icons/facebook.png]
<http://www.facebook.com/Apetanconsulting> [image:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/icons/linkedin.png]
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/apetan-consulting-llc?trk=top_nav_home>
[image:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/icons/twitter.png]
<http://twitter.com/ApetanLLC>       [image: e verify]

*Disclaimer:* We respect your Online Privacy. This e-mail message,
including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
all copies of the original message. If you are not interested in receiving
our e-mails then please reply with a "REMOVE" in the subject line at
rem...@apetan.com and mention all the e-mail addresses to be removed with
any e-mail addresses, which might be diverting the e mails to you. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.