Hope you're doing well!

Me: Daniel Hoffman I am a Staffing Manager/Recruiter for Consulting
Knights, Inc , and I focus on long-term relationships with my candidates
and clients.  My hope is that you will be able to call me for years and
that I will be here to help you out whether I place you or not.

Position:#1
Position:Linux/UNIX System Administrator
Location:Austin, TX
Duration:1Year (Extensions through 2016)

Job Description:
Client is seeking a Linux/UNIX System Administrator to be responsible for
data center server operations and maintenance support within a highly
dynamic and customer driven Program located in Austin, Texas.  The System
Admin will work independently and as part of a team supporting a mission
critical state of Texas application.

Job Requirements:
·         Provide System Administration support on Linux servers, including
installation and configuration of Linux Operating Systems.
·         Provide Linux System Administration including building, patching
and monitoring activities.
·         Perform troubleshooting performance issues on the Linux server
environment.
·         Provide system life cycle and system engineering best practices
in support of data center server operations.
·         VMware virtualization experience/certification

Job Qualifications:
·         5 years of experience supporting servers in a large datacenter
·         5 years of experience as a Linux System Administrator
·         Working knowledge of advanced Linux features including:
clustering, LDAP, DNS, NFS
·         Working knowledge of tools such as Kickstart and package
management utilities (rpm, yum, etc.)
·         Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little
supervision (OS, network, hardware, email)
·         2 years experience writing scripts with a scripting language such
as sh, bash, awk and perl
·         Familiarity with Linux file system types and volume management
·         Familiarity with Change Management and other ITIL principles
·         Ability to be part of a 24-7 on-call rotation
·         Knowledge of system life cycle and system engineering best
practices
·         VMware virtualization experience/certification
·         Strong communication, written and verbal skills

Preferred Qualifications:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential
consideration:
·         Veritas NetBackup experience
·         EMC storage or other SAN storage
Level of Clearance Required:
No clearance required, but US Citizen or Permanent Resident only.
Period of Performance:
Mid September 2013 to November 2014 with extensions through 2016
Education requirements:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, a
comparable/related degree or equivalent experience

 Position:#2
Position:UNIX System Administrator (Solaris)
Location:Austin, TX
Duration:1Year (Extensions through 2016)

Job Description:
Client is seeking a Solaris UNIX System Administrator to be responsible for
data center server operations and maintenance support within a highly
dynamic and customer driven Program located in Austin, Texas.  The System
Admin will work independently and as part of a team supporting a mission
critical state of Texas application.

Job Requirements:
·         Provide System Administration support on Solaris servers,
including installation and configuration of Solaris Operating Systems.
·         Provide Solaris System Administration including building,
patching and monitoring activities.
·         Perform troubleshooting performance issues on the Solaris server
environment.
·         Provide system life cycle and system engineering best practices
in support of data center server operations.
Job Qualifications:
·         Working knowledge of advanced Solaris 10 features including:
containers, zones, LDOMs and dtrace, ZFS 5 years of experience supporting
servers in a large data center
·         5 years of experience as a Solaris System Administrator
·         2 years experience writing scripts with a scripting language such
as ksh, bash, PERL, etc.
·         Full understanding of Change Management and other ITIL principles
·         Ability to be part of a 24x7 team for on-call rotations
·         Strong communication, written and verbal skills

Preferred Qualifications:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential
consideration:
·         Veritas NetBackup and Veritas Volume manager experience
·         Veritas Cluster Services or other Clustering technology
·         Veritas Volume Manager Experience Preferred
·         EMC storage or other SAN storage
·         Windows 2008 and Linux familiarity
Level of Clearance Required:
No clearance required, but US Citizen or Permanent Resident only.
Period of Performance:
Mid September 2013 to November 2014 with extensions through 2016
Education requirements:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, a
comparable/related degree or equivalent experience
Regards,
Daniel Hoffman | Staffing Manager |
daniel.hoff...@consultingknights.com | Consulting Knights, Inc. |
Direct: 609-423-4616 | Fax:  (609) 228-5321 |
 This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message