Please respond to m...@datagrp.com

THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE HIRE POSITION

Local Candidates *HIGHLY *Preferred

*50/50 Oracle/SQL exp*.

*Seeking **Oracle/SQL Server DBA.*

Location: Chicago, IL

Duration: 4+ Months

$45/hr

*NOTE: HM is not interested in any candidate that is all Oracle or all SQL.
DBA role will be doing security changes on many Oracle/SQL Servers. Please
have the candidates list security and patching experience for both Oracle
and SQL Server.*

*This isn't for a specific project. *It is production support work for
existing databases and applications. So we need someone who has experience
doing base support, as opposed to project work. Day to day phone calls and
email requests, enhancements and table changes, production to test
refreshes, things that are broken and need to be fixed, enhancing existing
UNIX monitoring scripts, etc.
*SQL Server DBA skills - installing SQL server, backup and recovery,
performance and tuning.*
*Oracle DBA skills - Oracle 9 required, 10g *
Support for oracle on Unix/Intel (AIX, HP, Windows).
Unix korn shell scripting for monitoring oracle.
Oracle backup and recovery using RMAN.
Oracle performance and tuning.
Oracle installs and upgrades - patching.
Oracle proactive monitoring.
Oracle database design.
Oracle utilities like export / import for complicated database refreshes.
*Perl skills - familiarity with perl - we are using it to monitor SQL
server.*

Must be a clear communicator - we do tons of conference calls with clients -
must be easy to understand. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and
clients at once - I can't stress this enough. HM has replaced 3 people
because they said they could do this and they couldn't! Must be a self
starter who takes initiative. Be able to do 24x7 support. Must be able to
troubleshoot system problems and work quickly to resolve system outages the
problem. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work within a large and
diverse team in many different cities. Must be able to communicate
effectively with different teams and provide courteous customer service.
Must be able to achieve results with little supervision. Must be willing to
persevere until problems are resolved and seek help from team members when
appropriate - 'can do' attitude. Must comply with company policies on change
approvals.

*Optional but nice to have:
DB2/UDB DBA
Teradata DBA