*Need a Unix Linux Admin with LVM  12 months. The rate is $40 to 45/hr all
inclusive*

* *

*Title**   ----  Unix Linux Admin with LVM,*

*Dallas**   ----**    Boulder, CO*

*Contact Type**  ---- Contract*

*Duration**  ---- 12 months*

*Rate **  ----     $40-45/hr*

*JOB DESCRIPTION *

* Linux Related:*

We need to find a qualified candidate for our Client.

Ø      Experienced with Linux update procedures like yum and
> up2date for multiple patches and single patches plus setup
> exclusions and do back out of patches.
> Extensively use of LVM, volume groups, logical volume,
> file systems and troubleshooting.
> Understand external storage is attached to Linux and
> hba cards and drivers.
> Used of Linux built-in multipath and or vendor provided
> multipathing software like datapath, RDAC, or powerpath
> Know startup and shutdown scripts and how to write and
> fix them.
> Resolving break/fix issue with lilo and grub, Linux
> server down and recovery procedures.
> User administration and security like pam, sudoers,
> etc.
> How working knowledge of Linux security to resolve
> issues from security findings.
> Have a good working knowledge of bash or ksh shell
> scripting.
> Working knowledge Linux networking, iptables, bind,
> dns, ntp.
> Understand ssh, sshd_config, tcp_wrappers, postfix and
> sendmail.
> Troubleshooting just anything on
> LinuxVMWare Related:
>

> Understanding of VMWare server configuration, designs
> and concept.
> Understanding of ESX server administration from
> the GUI and from the command line.
> Use of command line vmk commands
> User administration from the console
> ESX server upgrades and patching.
> ESX
> troubleshooting

Ø       Let me know if u have any one for this position.

*INFORMATION ABOUT - What is LVM?*

LVM is a Logical Volume Manager for the Linux operating system. There are
now two version of LVM for Linux:

·         LVM 2 - The latest and greatest version of LVM for Linux.

LVM 2 is almost completely backward compatible with volumes created with LVM
1. The exception to this is snapshots (You must remove snapshot volumes
before upgrading to LVM 2)

LVM 2 uses the device mapper kernel driver. Device mapper support is in the
2.6 kernel tree and there are patches available for current 2.4 kernels.

·         LVM 1 - The version that is in the 2.4 series kernel,

LVM 1 is a mature product that has been considered stable for a couple of
years. The kernel driver for LVM 1 is included in the 2.4 series kernels,
but this does not mean that your 2.4.x kernel is up to date with the latest
version of LVM. Look at the
README<ftp://ftp.sistina.com/pub/LVM/1.0/README>for the latest
information about which kernels have the current code in
them.

*Thanks & Regards, *

*Prakash *

*Techstar Consulting Inc *

*             "Certified Woman Owned Minority Business Enterprise (WMBE)" *

*1300 West Walnut Hill Lane****, ***

*Suite**** 252**, Irving, TX 75038 ***

*Direct: 972 -999-1612 *

*Fax: (214) 292 8874 ***