--
Please Share Me Profile -----------muk...@gemini-us.com

*Sql Server DBA*

*San Diego, CA*

*6+ Months Contract *

*Phone and F2F*

The first 3 projects this person will be doing:

-consolidation of DB environment

-Encryption

-Changing high availability… (increase time to recover)

Someone that likes autonomy will be good for this role – they will set
their own work maps.

Our Client is looking for a *Database Administrator* that comes from a
System administration background – this will be an individual who not only
has a firm, demonstrated knowledge of the database and its supporting
platforms, but also of the code and how it interacts with the database –
and how to communicate these concepts in a clear manner.

You will be responsible, with collaboration and team work from our growing
and highly experienced IT team, for an evolution of our database platform.
We have Terabytes of data and are adding more and needing to DO more with
this data all the time. Our IT team will help the development team design
and evolve our schema, and you will be integral in the streamlining of our
data operations and working to tune the database for peak performance –
on-premise and in the cloud.

And this is only the starting point. You will have the chance to build your
skills and knowledge base from day one.

*Top Candidates will bring these skills to the table:*

   - 5+ years working as a DBA (Some of this time should be related to the
   “Systems administration background” mentioned above.
      - Installingand updating the database server and application tools
      - Strong SQl experience, but also not tone deaf to the power of MySql
      and why that is a good or a bad idea.
      - SQL server administration experience – You also have demonstrable
      experience running a Microsoft SQL server – users, permissions, backups,
      archiving, recovery, monitoring, etc.
      - Database tuning experience – Help us make our database faster by
      developing diagnostics that help performance and optimization.
      - Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues (Before
      they affect the customer!) and experience with best practices around
      database operations.
      - Intelligent allocation of system storage and planning future
      storage requirements.
   - Recent experience with the migration of Database structure to a cloud
   services provider like AWS. This is not a go-no go requirement, but if you
   have this experience, we would very much like to speak with you.

*SQL Database Developer*

*San Diego, CA*

*6+ Months *

*Phone and IN person Must*

*Job Notes: *

They need somebody who is a strong SQL Database Developer with minimal DBA
experience.

Majority of day spent writing SQL Scripts, stored procedures and some
testing involved, importing data from different sources (ex: adding new
lines of business to their data warehouse)

Culture is HUGE. They are big about building a team that is courteous,
respectful, nice, easy to get along with, etc.

Top Skills:

1) SQL Database Development

2) Write SQL Scripts

3) Stored Procedures

Straight to onsite for our candidates right now (unless you would like to
move forward with an initial phone interview first).

*Job Description:*

Developer are administration of production and pre-production databases,
operations and governance of all database servers.  Responsibilities also
include writing SQL scripts for data integrations and stored procedures. In
this role you are expected to work closely with our Data and Infrastructure
Architects in the design, implementation, transition and maintenance of
data solutions and ensuring associated standards and best practices for
enterprise data management.  You will also be responsible for supporting
and administering our pre-production and production system SQL upgrades,
and making recommendations to improve the scalability and longevity of the
underlying data architecture.  Understanding of insurance industry is
desirable.

*Duties and Responsibilities:*
The following represent general duties/responsibilities, other
duties/responsibilities may be assigned.
1.    Design, development, and maintenance of SQL Server databases and
database objects.
2.    Proactively monitor the performance, fine-tuning of databases,
troubleshooting of bottlenecks and system performance at the network,
storage and database levels.
3.    Participate in the disaster recovery process, database backups and
implementation of security policies.
4.    Experience in data Extraction, Transformation & Load using SSIS,
stored procedures, functions and triggers.
5.    Apply database knowledge in the areas of physical Database Design and
Data Integration from various sources into the Master Database environments.
6.    Work with the development team and DBA(s) to develop, implement, and
monitor standards and procedures to ensure optimum performance, scalability
and reliability.
7.    Support multiple servers and multiple databases of high complexity
with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and
accessibility of the data.
8.    Track and report daily metrics on up-time, utilization, logins,
blocking, locking, etc.
9.    Collaborates with architects, data stakeholders, tech teams and
product owners to foster governance and flexibility.
10.    Ability to understand complex business problems and clearly
communicate with management and stakeholders.

*Qualifications:*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.

*Education/Experience:*
Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University in related field;
and three to seven years of related experience and/or training; or
equivalent-combination of education and experience.
•    Microsoft Certification a plus.
•    A working knowledge of the needs of the insurance industry is also a
plus.

*Computer Skills:*
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have sound Database
Administration knowledge with extensive Microsoft technology experience in
the following:

•    DBA Experience in managing and monitoring Microsoft SQL Server 2008 /
2012 / 2014 in 24x7 environments.
•    Experience in Transact - SQL, Performance Tuning, SSIS Packages,
Clustering, Replication, and Database Links, Maintenance Plan / SQL Job
usage
•    Experience with complicated database organizational structures,
triggers, and stored procedures.
•    Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand user
requests and translate them into technical requirements.
•    Knowledge in SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and MS Business Intelligence databases.

Regards-

*Mukesh*

*Gemini Consulting & Services LLC*

3636 S Geyer Road, Suite 270, Sunset Hills, MO 63127

314-717-1518

Email Id – muk...@gemini-us.com

Yahoo-IM- mukeshinc

Hangout - mukesh.tekshapers