Please respond to vi...@bitsft.com

Senior Oracle Database Administrator

Start ASAP

Location: Carlsbad, CA

Duration: 1-3 months. Could be longer

Need all inclusive rates. Prefer local candidates only.

Position Summary:

The role of the Senior Oracle Database Administrator is hands on, end to end
management of our corporate database environment, data modeling for current
and future data warehouses, database development supporting our custom
application development environment, ETL development activities using PL/SQL
and DataStage ETL software.

Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:

Relational Database Development and Management

.             Expert in Oracle Database technologies, familiar with oracle
database concepts, logical structures, physical storage configuration

.             Participates in logical/physical database design activities,
including develop and test PL/SQL store procedure

.             Develops and tests and DataStage ETL jobs in support of
application and data warehouse development activities

.             Continuously improves and evolves our corporate databases,
including oracle installation, version upgrade, patch application

.             Maintains up to date and accurate pertinent technical
documentation. Keeps documentation up to date in the CMDB

.             Coordination with system administrator in DB capacity planning
and backup configuration

.             Ensures all corporate databases are monitored for availability
and capacities are proactively managed

.             Familiar with SOA and EAI

Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:

.             Minimum education:  4 year college degree (preferably in a
technical field such as computer science, engineering, management
information systems).

.             Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in the following
areas:

.             Oracle Database development and management

.             Data modeling for large, Oracle-based data warehouse
initiatives

Knowledge and Skills Requirements

General Skills

.             Excellent verbal and written communication skills: clear,
concise, accurate, and articulate.

.             Independent problem solving abilities; analytical skills.

Technical / Analysis Skills

.             Strong comprehension of the systems development life cycle.

.             Experience with following technologies required (Oracle 10g,
11g Database, HP-UX)

.             Experience with Oracle ASM and RAC configuration is a plus

.             Familiar with interfacing / integrating business applications.

.             Proficient with applicable desktop tools (e.g. MS Project,
Visio, Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, Business Objects).

.             Familiar with applicable development environment(s), tools,
and methods.

.             Can create and conduct a test plan that minimizes change and
implementations risks.

.             Understands, practices, and can mentor others in project
methodologies and IT standards.

.             Expert at support and resolving applications related issues in
his/her area of responsibility.

Process Management Skills

.             Incident Management - Timely coordination, diagnosis,
correction, restoration, documentation of interrupted application services.

.             Change Management - Maximizing the business benefits of
application changes while reducing risk of making change.

.             Configuration Management - Establishing control of critical
application configuration items.

Project Management Skills

.             Can develop detailed project plans with task assignments,
estimates, level resources, and manage a plan throughout the project life
cycle.

.             Can track and meet deadlines, manage resources.

.             Ability to work within a team or lead a team with diverse
backgrounds, skills sets, and levels of knowledge.

.             Can manage transition of solutions to support center

.             Can complete documentation to standard

Thank You!

Vikas Jain

Bitsoft International Inc.
phone: 630.364.1839 | fax: 630.596.9069

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/vikasrjain> cid:image002.jpg@01CBE7AB.87E3ACA0
Connect with me

2272 W. 95th St., Suite 220 | Naperville | Illinois, 60564 USA | bitsft.com

View and apply to our open jobs at  <http://www.skillgalaxy.com/>
http://www.SkillGalaxy.com

We are "Certified Minority Owned Business Enterprise"

P Save trees, Print Only When Necessary

We respect your online privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail. Under
Bills.1618 Title III passed by the 105th US Congress this mail cannot be
e-mails then please reply with: REMOVE" in the subject line and your ID will
be removed from our mailing list. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused
to you.