Hi,

This is Ram...

I have below contract position for Junior Linux/AIX Server Technician based
in DE to start immediately. If you would be interested, please send us your
word format resume and we will take it further.

Junior Linux/AIX Server Technician
Primary Location: USA-DE-Bear
Target Start Date : Feb 21, 2011
Project Duration: 1+ year.

Requirement Details:

Overview:

Seeking to add a Junior Linux / AIX Systems Administrator to our existing
team. Position will be based at our client’s Delaware Data Center, and will
be responsible for providing support for mission critical SAP application
environments.
The Systems Administrator will support systems in 2 data centers, with the
primary location in New Castle, DE, and the secondary location in Tempe, AZ.
The team is responsible for support of over 250 Red-hat Linux, Windows 2000,
XP and IBM AIX systems
Our current operating system environments include IBM AIX, Red Hat Linux on
Intel platforms Windows on Intel platforms
Minimum required Experience:
• 3 year experience building and supporting either RedHat (preferred) or
SUSE Linux
• 3 year AIX Administrator, ver 5.3 or higher.
• 2 years experience Host / SAN connectivity (required on both Linux and
AIX)

Qualifications
:
Required skills:
• Basic understanding of DNS, NTP, NFS, and sendmail.
• Basic user management. Adding/Removing user accounts, reset password,
lock/unlock account.
• Directory and file management. – Creating directories, modifying ownership
and permissions.
• File system management. – Create, resize, delete, mount, unmount,
configure to mount automatically at reboot.
• Basic networking skills – add/remove routes, configure network interfaces,
add alias IP to interface, set/change netmask, identify default router.
• How to create, resize and remove paging spaces.
• Basic knowledge of UNIX scripting, including Ksh, AWK, sed and Perl.
Common activities:
• Responsible for the installation and basic maintenance and tuning of
RedHat Linux and IBM AIX hardware & software systems.
• Responsible for racking and cabling physical servers according to
datacenter standards.
• Perform system-debugging tasks and provide OS support for SAP and Oracle
database teams.
• Participate in on-call rotation with other team members, as appropriate.
• Using system tools to monitor CPU, memory, disk I/O and network
utilization
• Support file transfer issues through ftp, sftp, rcp and scp
• Monitor and manage file systems for space as needed. This would include
all issues related to physical and logical volumes, and volume and disk
groups.
• Monitor and manage NFS and auto mounts
• OS load, upgrade, and patching using NIM and Kickstart following a defined
process
• Adding or removing printers
• Managing root cron
• Network configuration, management, and troubleshooting
• SAN storage adds and deletions

Thanks & regards,

* *

*RAM***

*e**People Tech. Inc.*

Parsippany, NJ-07054

Direct  : *201-579-8512/732-377-0573.*

Alt.Ph. : 201-203-7929

Fax      : 973-299-7602

r...@epeopletech.com

www.epeopletech.com

Ymsgr : trk_recruiter

Note: If you are not interested in receiving our e-mails then please reply
with a "*REMOVE*" in the subject line. I am sorry for the inconvenience
caused to you.