*Please send reply to mohan.ga...@somasoftsol.com *
*​-All our requirements are Direct client Requirements.*
*​-​​Please share the resumes only after you discuss with your consultant​.*
*-Resumes with Linkedin URL / 2 Professional references only will be
processed.*

​
*Unix Engineer*

*Cary, NC*

*6 months contract Job Brief :*

   - The Unix/Linux SME brings years of enterprise level experience on the
   different flavors of Unix/Linux.
   - Clients environment primarily contains AIX and Linux platforms, but
   due to mergers it has inherited some HPUX and Solaris systems.
   - The goal is to migrate these systems to the preferred platform of AIX
   and OLE Linux.
   - The SME needs to plan and take the lead in the migration of systems.
   - The SME needs to bring experience in all platform flavors to solve
   issues and develop solutions.

*Unix/Linux SME Responsibilities *

   - The Unix/Linux SME brings years of experience of multiple Unix/Linux
   platforms to client in order to standardize (due to mergers and
   divestitures) an ever changing environment.
   - Strong AIX and Linux skills are needed to migrate a complex
   heterogeneous environment.
   - The SME needs to document (existing and new) environments, procedures
   and solutions.
   - The SME needs to evaluate and implement the usage of tools to manage
   the environment.
   - The SME will interface with Project Managers and Systems Engineering
   to plan and implement changes to the enterprise infrastructure.

*Requirements *

   - Good verbal and written communications skills with the ability to
   effectively document procedures.
   - Provide insight and support to developing and implementing the
   Enterprise Architecture standards, artifacts and modeling tools.
   - Ability to Plan, design, and recommend technologies, and platforms.
   10+ years of experience in platform operating systems, storage products,
   file services, networking, configuration management, Disaster Recovery,
   monitoring and automation. AIX expert level of experience to include
   familiarity with: HMC, PowerVM (VIO Server, NPIV, SEA), NIM, Power
   Hardware, LVM knowledge with SAN storage. Linux expertise should include:
   different OS flavors (RHEL, OLE, SLES, Centos), SAN multipathing,
   Networking ( vlans, LACP) and Kickstart techniques. Solid experience in
   virtualization technologies like: VMWare, LPAR, WPAR, Docker, KVM-QEMU,
   LDOM, Localzones, nPars, vPars. Experience in infrastructure support for
   the SAP, ModelN, SAS, Informatica, PlanisWare and Oracle DB (RAC and
   non-RAC) Evaluate, test, develop, and implement complex technical solutions
   to address a variety of business problems. This includes hardware,
   software, configurations standards, and creating solutions. Develop manual
   or automated procedures for L1/L2 team to handle system maintenance.

​

Thanks & Regards,

*Mohan Ganti*

Mail: mohan.ga...@somasoftsol.com

*Disclaimer: We respect your Online Privacy. This is not an unsolicited
mail. Under Bill 1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this mail
cannot be considered Spam as long as we include Contact Information and a
receiving our emails then please reply with a "REMOVE" in the subject line
and mention all the email addresses to be removed with any email addresses.*