When I first saw Marc Jacobs named a bag after my ultimate favorite
mall, Bal Harbour shops, I was instantly excited. But then I looked at
the bag, and it fell short of my expectations. Where is the glitz and
glam and tinge of gaudy that Miami is known for?
The Marc Jacobs Bal Harbor Julie is reluctant in its design which
appears to be safe and subdued. Bal Harbour may hold exquisite shops
in its highly gorgeous and jungle-like atmosphere, but the people in
Miami love to infuse color and spunk into their outfits.
If I take away my expectations, I realize that this is still a lovely
bag. Truth be told, with many outfits taking center stage in South
Florida, a simple taupe tote may be just what the fashion Doctor is
looking for. The design itself is entirely simple; a tote shape with a
leather and chain shoulder strap. The only bling added to this bag is
the colored tassel.
Honestly, if I didn’t frequent Bal Harbour shops so often when we
lived in South Florida I could accept this bag for what it is more
easily. But there is nothing Bal Harbour about this bag. I would have
expected one of Marc’s more playful designs to be named after the fun
and flirty mall in South Florida.
With all of my bias, it is hard to see this bag for what it is: a
plain, simple, and functional bag. Buy via Saks for $1,250.
2011 best handbags and watches
http://www.86watches.com
http://url.cn/20lyfn
http://url.cn/0WY7I2