Hi,

In Satchmo, it is very easy to change a default template. Just move these
templates in your site using the same directory structure under templates
and the job is done (well, almost, now you have to do the changes in the
files). For instance, in the payment example you gave, just copy the html
files in your templates/shop/checkout. Make sure you don't have other
templates/shop/checkout directories in other of your apps in your site,
otherwise they might be the ones which will be taken into consideration.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Olivier