On 2024-01-19 17:24, Ineiev wrote:
On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 12:57:50PM +0900, Jing Luo via Discussions among Savannah Hackers, open subscription wrote:
The frontend php code and site-specific code don't tell me much except it can display multiple git repos on "Use Git", and the backend sv_groups seems
to be able to take $dir_git. So, did groups like "dragora" request the
Savannah hackers to manually create multiple git repos? Did Savannah hackers
manually created multiple git repos?

Creating repositories is a one-way process because our general
policy is to keep any code indefinitely. we could automatically
check if the repository is empty and allow the users to remove it,
but in most cases they'll have at least a few testing commits,
anyway. if the users can easily create repositories themselves,
Savannah sysadmins may face a high-volume flow of requests
to remove unneeded repositories.

That's fine, I wasn't suggesting a new feature, I was trying to understand the internals of Savane code.

--
Jing Luo
About me: https://jing.rocks/about/