This mail was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kai Sterker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: TYK - a language learning tool
System name: tyk
Type: non-GNU

TYK (Teach Yourself Korean) is mainly written to aid me in learning a new language
(korean, who'd have guessed!). However, being a follower of the free software
movement, I'd like to share what I do with the community.

In order for people to get the most benefit out of TYK, it will be written to support
any foreign language. All data comes in XML format, so new lessons and exercises can
be easily made (I personally will concentrate on korean, though).

Gettext support should allow to localize lessons, so that one foreign language can be
easily paired with different native languages. (i.e. german <-> korean, english <->
korean, etc ...).

The backend of TYK will be written in C++, with portability in mind, so that it can
run on any POSIX compliant system out of the box. The frontend is a different matter,
as input of non-western characters is still a bit tricky. Planned are a GTK frontend,
as that allows usage of the ami xinput server. But I'll also provide a Carbon gui to
run TYK on OS X (I intend to use it on my iBook too). So Linux, FreeBSD and OS X would
be covered. Other targets might require their own gui's, but I'll leave that to
others, who'll hopefully jump aboard.

A very, very prelimenary version is available at
    http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/files/tyk.tar.gz
(I hacked it together yesterday afternoon, so don't be scared!)

Kai

Other Software Required:
libxml >= 2.5
libsdl >= 1.2

Guess those 2 should be okay, but anyway ..

Other Comments: