This mail was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Aaron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: I am not sure what licence is appropraite because of the unique nature
of this project. Maybe the GNU free documentation project????

and suggestion most welcome
Package: Project Nigun
System name: projectnigun
Type: non-GNU

hmm, a bit hard but here goes,

projectnigun is a project to collect all information related to chabad nigunim
(songs)in on place the empassis is on permitting collaboration on a number of parallel
projects and outcomes. The repository will be the basis of a book on musical notation
as well as the foundation of translation and collabortation of this information to the
general public from a seperate web site.

The deliverables are ogg-vorbis files of public domain archival recordings of these
nigunim, notation in lilypond format, articles stories and other background
information such as biographies of singers and composers.

The online version of the notation will be open and free although the final published
books may contain some that will be sold and possibly copyrighted (since all this
material is infact public domain I can't limit this outcome)

I realize this is not software but since I am doing this project using opensource
software and it is open and available, and It requires collaboration I am looking for
a place to park it.

If this isn't the place to put the CVS then could you steer me in the right direction.

a site that uses this information (hebrew mostly) is www.chabad-nigunim.com the cvs is
not working currently but I could send you a copy of the tree structure if needbe

Other Software Required:
python

postgres

there is someone making a java and xml frontend to the database.

lilypond

culmus

tex elatex but not sure they need to be on the server??

Other Comments:
if there is a remote chance of this being hosted email me and I will provide more
details