Follow-up Comments:

Date: Thu 28 Dec 2023 11:15:24 AM PST By: Jason Self <jxself>
I'd like to arrange, somehow, for a private git repository on the www project
used by gnu.org, named chief-webmaster-docs. Private in the sense that both
read and write access would be limited to specific members of the project.

The people with access should be myself and Dora. More may be added; I need to
consult with Dora.

>From the conversation on IRC today:

10:56 < rwp> Private git repos are trivially easy to set up.  No problem at
all.
10:57 < rwp> There is no web UI for setting them up.  They just need to be
created manually.  But that's trivially easy.
10:57 < jxself> Can access be limited to a sub-list of project members?
10:58 < rwp> There are two main sides of things.  The main git repos use Unix
group permissions using accounts stored in the SQL
             database, maintained by the web UI.  And then there are accounts
not in the SQL database not maintained by the web UI.
10:59 < rwp> I am trying to recall how the cgitrc and gitweb files are
created.  I vaguely recall there being a filter that either
             includes or excludes projects from the public listing.  But
regardless that would need to be reviewed and something
             easy could be set up either way.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110995>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/