Le Wednesday 19 December 2007 13:22:01 radioworksEurope, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,

        Hi !

> We use liquidsoap to mix between a live stream and a MP3.

        Nice !

> Is it possible to start a MP3 on a specific METADATA? So, when the live
> stream sends out a specific text via the METADATA Liquidsoap fades out the
> live stream and start a MP3. When de MP3 is finished Liquidsoap must fade
> in the live stream.

Hey, that's a quite interesting usage of liquidsoap !

It's possible using the operator "execute", that execute a server command, a
request source, and the on_metadata operator

You set up a request source, catch the required metadata and push new files
then.

Here is a piece of code that broadcast the live source, catch comment
metadatas as filename and pushes it:

<------

live = (...)

files = request.queue(id="files")

def check_meta(m) =
  if m["comment"] != "" then
    ignore(execute("files.push",m["comment"]))
  end
end

live = on_metadata(check_meta,live)

source = fallback(track_sensitive=false,[files,live])

<-----

Tested here, works quite good !
We'll rework this and put a new operator in the langage for this purpose, as
it seems on interesting application !

Romain