Le Monday 16 June 2008 21:12:18 polemon, vous avez écrit :
> Hi!

        Hi Polemon !

> I have the following setup:
>
> A playlist that streams constantly, and a live mount point, where
> Liquidsoap fades to, when a DJ has connected there.
> When the DJ goes off the stream, liquidsoap fades back to the playlist.
>
> That works very well and all, except one thing:
> When another DJ connects on that mount point, you hear the last few
> seconds of the previous DJs data! After about 4 or 5 seconds, you hear
> the DJ that just connected.
>
> Now is there a way to clear whatever is left after the DJ got off the
> mount point?

Yes, this is a common issue. I guess this is related to the fact that the
buffer is not freed when the source becomes unavailable.

David may have a better knowledge on this, but I can propose a possible fix
that we did for fallback.skip: define a transition that way:
def eat_remaining(a,b) =
  add(normalize=false,[b,a])
end

That transition will add the remaining audio data from a at the begining of b.

And then use it in the fallback:
fallback((...),transitions=[eat_remaining,eat_remaining],[live,source])
You may even use this transition only when switching back from live (here it's
for any transition..).

Please tell me if it works for you.

Of course, there is still the possibility that the remaining data is caused by
shoucast, but I have no clue about this..

Romain