On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:53:09 +0200
David Baelde <david.bae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM, polemon<pole...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, when setting metadata from the telnet console,
> > liquidsoap behaves incorrectly when it stumbles over an '&'.
>
> I suspect the metadata is correctly inserted in the stream inside
> liquidsoap, but the ampersand makes something break when encoding to
> mp3/ogg, or when sensing the metadata to the server. In a nutshell,
> you should look somewhere else, and possibly send us more details.

Well, it seems the ampersand is written incorrectly to the servers or something.
Both Icecast and Shoutcast don't display the rest of the data after the &.
I couldn't find a workaround for it, though.

Any ideas?

You should be able to reproduce the error when sending the metadata to a server
like shoutcast.

Cheersm
--polemon

--