Romain Beauxis <toots@...> writes:

> Hi!
>
> 2011/9/19 McCurly <email@...>:
> >
> >> Thanks for the quick reply. Indeed, there could be a problem.
> >> Furthermore,  I guess you are sending those to shoutcast. This is even
> >> more important/interesting because shoutcast protocol is not
> >> documented and we may have missed a case..
> >>
> >> A couple of questions before we go further:
> >> * Are you able to do network traffic capture of the exchange between
> >> liquidsoap and shoutcast? You can use the wireshark binary for that.
> >> * Are you able to test a patch if I send one to you?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Romain
> > well, if it is necessary i would do so, but let me first give you a hint:

> > i remember we had the problem to replay a recorded ogg file and that
> > failed after the first logical stream. you patched that to merge it into
> > one logical stream. but the metadata would not be replayed. you again
> > fixed that in crylib, i guess. and since then, this error occured. so i
> > informed you about that on chat and you responded with something like
> > "oops, crylib broken, i gonna fix it later.." *gg
> >
> > if that couldnt help, i would sniff the traffic for you.
> > lemme know,
>
> I'm pretty sure that your current issue is not linked to ogg/vorbis decoding.
>
> Instead of sniffing traffic, perhaps you could simply msg me in
> private some access to a shoutcast server that I could test myself..
>
> Romain

> BlackBerry&reg; DevCon Americas, Oct. 18-20, San Francisco, CA
> Learn about the latest advances in developing for the
> BlackBerry&reg; mobile platform with sessions, labs & more.
> See new tools and technologies. Register for BlackBerry&reg; DevCon today!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-devcon-copy1

Hi Romain,

I can verify this error under Liquidsoap 1.0.0-beta3, and under Liquidsoap
1.0.0-beta3+svn (default@2b320b5eb3fd:20110922:172920).

Anyways if it helps here is some more details.

I am running "SHOUTcast Server v2.0.0.29/posix(linux x64)" on Ubuntu-Server
version 11.01. According to config_builder that comes with The SHOUTcast2
Server:

"Enter the port which clients and sources need to use to connect to the server.
This option controls the primary port configuration for both the DNAS and
Transcoder.

Note: SHOUTcast 1 sources are only able to connect to 'portbase + 1'."

I did try the "portbase + 1" as well, this does not work at all. I tried
thinking maybe liquidsoap was only expecting Shoutcast1 server at the other end.

Now one thing that I will say is the stream does make it to the Shoutcast2
server, and everything does work. However in the Shoutcast YP, no data shows up
for the "Now playing:". Liquidsoap? Shoutcast2? Shoutcast YP? I am not sure.

Anyways, if any of this helps........

On a side note nothing after changeset: 2527:f0c8b80cf965 seems to
compile....wait...I should say for me nothing after changeset: 2527:f0c8b80cf965
I end up with the following.

make[3]: Entering directory `/root/savonet/ocaml-taglib/src'
g++ -c     -DPIC -I .. -I/usr/include/taglib   \
                                -I'/usr/lib/ocaml' \
                                taglib_stubs.cc -o taglib_stubs.o
ar rcs libtaglib_stubs.a  taglib_stubs.o
ocamlc -c taglib.mli
ocamlc -c taglib.ml
ocamlmklib          \
                                -o taglib_stubs  taglib_stubs.o -ltag \

/usr/bin/ld: taglib_stubs.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be
used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
taglib_stubs.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [dlltaglib_stubs.so] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/savonet/ocaml-taglib/src'
make[2]: *** [byte-code-library] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/savonet/ocaml-taglib/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/savonet/ocaml-taglib'
make: *** [all] Error 1

By the way thanks for all the GREAT work you and the rest of the liquidsoap guys
have done!!!!!

- Tie