Hi all,

I have just published a first beta for the forthcoming 1.3.7 bugfix release.

Typically, bugfix releases are released without the need for a testing
cycle as they are restricted to the bare minimum changes with as less
impact as possible or risk of regression.

However, we've been having reports of an annoying bug related to external
processes lately. This is a pretty bad one and fixing it has required
rewriting large parts of the handling of external processes.

I initially planned to release this fix along with the next major release,
following a proper testing cycle but I realize now that it needs to be fast
tracked and come out as early as possible.

Thus, it would be great if y'all could take a minute to test that beta
release. If you are using Liquidsoap 1.3.3 through 1.3.6, you should be
able to switch to 1.3.7-beta1 without any change to your script.

Any report of _new_ issues, in particular related to external processes
(which includes protocols and file download) would be much appreciated. And
also confirmation that it works fine, of course.. 🙂

Using opam, y'all can simply do:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap.git
cd liquidsoap && git checkout 1.3.7-beta1
opam pin add .

I have also uploaded a build for windows 64. It is available on the release
page: https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/releases/tag/1.3.7-beta1

Thanks for y'all help, let's ship a solid bugfix release as soon as
possible!

Romain