That message of mine was so full of wrong things, I wish I could delete it from the universe! :-)

I did get it all installed, but I installed not from root, but from another system administrator account. Everything works and works well, but I'm wondering if I should remove and redo everything since I think only that one account that was used for the installation will be able to use it. I can also tell you for sure that the script for starting liquidsoap in init.d doesn't work because none of the things it tries to run exist because I installed it the wrong way.