Hi Romain.
Thanks for the note.
Apparently I’m on Liquidsoap 1.1.1 so that could be the issue.
Let me see if I can get someone to help me upgrade ~
I’m not an expert on that front.

A related question:

My current script pulls the playlist()
directly from a folder instead of a playlist file ~
which is actually preferred right now for this application.
At first, when I removed/renamed the .wav files inside
that folder while the playlist was active,
it was causing big problems… errors and warnings and
it seemed Liquidsoap even stopped running.
But then I added the reload_mode=“watch” and it actually seems
to be handling it pretty well now.
By “it” I mean dynamically messing with the audio files
in the folder while the playlist is active.
I still see warnings in the log, but Liquidsoap seems to
catch up with the changes without breaking.

Is this a proper use?

Here’s a simple version of the script:
set("log.file.path","/home/liquidsoapuser/music/radio.log")

# Music playlists
s0n1ks = playlist(mode='randomize', reload_mode="watch",
"/home/liquidsoapuser/music/s0n1ks")

s0n1ks = normalize(s0n1ks)

# If something goes wrong, we'll play this
security = single("~/music/s0n1ks.fallbaak/fallbaak.wav")

radio = fallback(track_sensitive = true, [s0n1ks, security])

# Stream it out
output.icecast(%mp3,
        host = "localhost",
        port = 2255,