Hi Thomas,

That's an annoying issue indeed.

What version of liquidsoap are you using? If your version is recent enough,
you might be able to add a `file:` protocol that would take care of this
for you.

Matter of fact, I've also added it to our latest `master` branch.. You
should be able to just add it to your script:

def file_protocol(~rlog,~maxtime,arg) =
  path = list.nth(default="", string.split(separator=":",arg), 1)
  segments = string.split(separator="/",path)

  segments =
    if list.length(segments) > 3 and
       list.nth(default="foo",segments,0) == "" and
       list.nth(default="foo",segments,1) == ""
    then
      list.tl(list.tl(segments))
    else
      segments
    end

  path = string.concat(separator="/",segments)

  # We support the buggy form: file://path/to/file"
  if file.exists("/#{path}") then
  else
    [path]
  end
end

add_protocol(static=true, temporary=false, "file", file_protocol,
             doc="File protocol. Only local files are supported",
             syntax="file:///path/to/file")