>  a) the final binaries were the ones infected (very easy to detect (imagine
> if the infected code was actually from 'real' SVN source code and made from
> a 'trusted' developer))
>  b) by the speed this was detected the exploit (and the blog page didn't
> give a lot of details about it) must have been a very 'HEY I AM A
> BACKDOOR!!!!' kind of code.  A real exploit would be one that (using a .NET

The original mailing list post by Ivan Fratric is at
http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/bugtraq0703/28.html for
those curious of the code differences. Given the brazen addition of multiple
functions (instead of modifying an existing one
to make it vulnerable) we're probably not looking at the highest caliber of
attacker here.

> And OWASP uses WordPress (although Mike tells me that we were not affected)
> for our blogs

Thanks for sharing about what OWASP runs. Not sure how this ties into the
thread though.
Again hats off to Ivan Fratric for spotting this before it became a much larger
issue.

Regards,

- Robert
http://www.cgisecurity.com/ Application Security news and more