Hi SC-L,

[Hmmm, this didn't make it out to the list as I'd expected, so here's a 2nd try. Apologies for any duplicates. KRvW]

At the SC-L BoF sessions held to date (which admittedly is not exactly a huge number, but I'm doing my best to see them continue), I like to ask those that attend what we can be doing to make SC-L more useful and meaningful to the subscribers. Of course, as with all mailing lists, SC-L will always be what its members make of it. However, at one recent SC-L BoF session, it was suggested that I pose periodic questions/issues for comment and discussion. As last week was particularly quiet here with my hiatus and all, this seems like a good opportunity to give that a go, so...

What do you think is the _next_ technological problem for the software security community to solve? PLEASE, let's NOT go down the rat hole of senior management buy-in, use [this language], etc. (In fact, be warned that I will /dev/null any responses in this thread that go there.) So, what technology could/would make life easier for a secure software developer? Better source code analysis? High(er) level languages to help automate design reviews? Better security testing tools? To any of these, *better* in what ways, specifically?

Any takers?

Cheers,

Ken
-----