Hi Fransisco,
definitely - the principles are the same. I used
this a couple of years ago to bring a group from
0 to lvl 1... Of course what really tends to
happen is that some parts actually move to 3+
whilst others only just make it to 1 level - and
by the rules of CMM you can only claim the level
that all processes have achieved.

This may be your confusion as SSE-CMM spends more
time talking about this that CMMI

Cheers,

Bret