800-37 has been in release for a while, providing the basis for the C&A
process. My understanding is that C&A is evolving (and going the way of
the dinosaur) very soon as NIST works with CNSS/JTF on the next big
thing. I'm blanking on the rest of the details (not my space), but
pinging Mike Smith (@rybolov) or Dan Philpott (@danphilpott) on Twitter
would likely be a good starting point.

On 2/3/10 1:12 PM, McGovern, James F. (eBusiness) wrote:
> NIST has created a draft document entitled: Guide for applying risk
> management framework to federal information systems: a security
> lifecycle approach. Curious to know if anyone has identified gaps,
> differences in opinion, etc between NIST and how either SAMM or
> BSIMM would define the same?
>
> ************************************************************ This
> communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of
> addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
> information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
> copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly
> prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
> sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and
> destroy all copies.
> non-commercial service to the software security community.

Benjamin Tomhave, MS, CISSP
tomh...@secureconsulting.net
Blog: http://www.secureconsulting.net/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/falconsview
LI: http://www.linkedin.com/in/btomhave

[ Random Quote: ]
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas A. Edison