Ray Still wrote:
I am trying to round a time in the format of HH:MM to the nearest 5 minutes.

(I'm recording the amount of time it takes to do something from a stopwatch in HH:MM:ss.00 and while I care about that kind of accuracy, the boss just doesn't)

I found the following solution that works, but is there a simpler or more elegant way?

=VALUE(CONCATENATE(LEFT(TEXT(BB3;"hh:mm");3);ROUND(VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(BB3;"hh:mm");2))*2;-1)/2))
BB3 contains a number formated as HH:MM.

=MROUND(BB3;TIME(0;5;0))

Niklas