Hi,

Adam Ginsburg wrote:
I frequently used OpenOffice calc to view and modify .csv files that
need to be saved in the same format they were opened in.  Since this
is not the default save, I have to manually go through a 4-5 click
process to select .csv output without "Save cell content as shown"
(which cuts off many significant figures by default - something else I
wouldn't mind changing) and usually without a text delimiter.  Is
there any way to change the default behavior of a "File: Save" command
when editing a .csv file?

unfortunately, the checkbox "Save cell content as shown" is enabled by default when you save a CSV file. May be you can record a macro when you switch off that option, then go to Tools-Customize-Events and assign that macro to the event "Save Document". I did not test this.

Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany