On 18/11/02 11:03 +0530, Leo thus spake:
> In the meanwhile, I have been playing around with RTF conversion (RTF to
> HTML) and have not found any tool/library that does a decent job of the
> conversion. I had instructed the teachers at the school to encourage the
> children to bring their home-work/projects in RTF format instead of word
> DOC.

You are not helping. You have just replaced one unstructured document
format with another. While Word doc files can be made structured(using
styles), I am certain RTF format doesn't.

Either.
a. Let them stick to Word. In about 1-2 years, both MSOffice and
   Open/StarOffice are going XML. It will be easier
   interchanging/Converting then. A problem maybe of microsoft
   enforcing some kind of DRM control over Office files(even though I
   have heard that Palladium launch has been postponed)
b. Instead of converting RTF to HTML, it would probably be easier to
   convert DOC to HTML.
c. Why dont the students create in homework in frontpage straightaway? ;)

- Sandip