Marcin Kasperski a écrit :
>> Try to load ECO file from custom location (via Options menu),
>> save current configuration and restart Scid.
>>
>> It doesn't work correctly here.
>>

> Ugh, it seems that we have incorrect order. The instruction
> which sets default ecoFIle was moved and landed after options
> file loading. So scid loads ecoFile from options, then overwrites
> this variable with default ;-)
>
> Workaround: symlink (or copy) your eco file in <scid-share-dir>/data
> (after all, make install puts eco file just there, you had to do sth special
> to avoid it ;-))
>
> Likely patch: split options handling out of start.tcl into separate file
> (say load_options.tcl or sth like that) and modify Makefile.conf so
> instead of
>
> TCLS= \
>   tcl/start.tcl \
>   tcl/config.tcl \
>
> it reads
>
> TCLS=\
>   tcl/start.tcl\
>   tcl/config.tcl\
>   tcl/load_options.tcl\
>
> (sorry, I do not have time to write it and test today).
>
> PS The only true change was from
>   set ecoFile "/usr/local/share/scid/scid.eco"
>   set ecoFile [file join [file join $scidShareDir "data"] "scid.eco"]

Hi everybody,

As Marcin noticed, this is due to options file being loaded before
default setting of ECO file. I fixed it without changing anything in
file structure and code and simply changing config.tcl.conf in that way:
if ecoFile is not set during config.tcl exec, then we can use default
settings.

Pascal