Ok, just a quick update after some more quick tests.

The window *does* exists as it is started automatically the first time Scid
starts, even if I remove ~/.scid. That explains why it doesn't crash for
engine 2 right right after start, but it does if the window for engine 2 is
open.

So for some reason it crashes when Scid tries these windows.

So another way to get it to work that doesn't involve changing bin/scid is
to close the Analysis Window manually (via right-click on the Analysis
Window and hit Close) before trying Ctrl-Shift-a or F2 (or doing the same
via the menus). A little annoying but at least then I can use it for now :)

Best regards,
Ulf Eliasson