Hi.

How do you insert a variation to the end of the game without it being appended to the actual game score?

For example the game I am looking at ends with 50.RF8+  1-0 Black clearly resigned

But what if I want to make some moves on the board to see why be resigned.   When I do they are added to the game score.   They are not marked as variations.

Engine variations are correctly marked.  I am talking about moves I am trying on the board.  There is no longer a variation button.

When I first saw this a while back  I presumed it would just be fixed.  Since it has not.  I must think now that I just am doing something wrong.   So how do you add a variation to the end of the game.

Thanks for any help

Tom