On 7/12/24 10:06, bahman--- via Scid-users wrote:
I have a database where I keep all my games along with annotations and
analysis. This database is particularly important to me as it is the only
place where I have stored my calculations and notes wrt the ongoing
correspondence games I'm playing.

You didn't say what version of Scid or what version of database (.si3 .si4 .si5). See below where those make a difference.

Last night, due to a power outage, my computer was shut off while I was using
Scid and working on my games.

Now that the power is restored, I noticed that unfortunately I cannot open the
database any more.  As soon as I try to do so, Scid exits with the error
message below:

    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hmm, not so nice on Scid's part. The core dump has some information on what exactly went wrong, but using that file requires some debugging expertise.

Is there any way to repair a "damaged" database or at least recover the data?

Of course you should make a backup copy of your now corrupted database before trying any repair.

In Scid version 4.5.2 which you can find at sourceforge there is a menu option File | Maintenance | Repair base. Then you can select which database to repair. This option may help if your database is in .si4 format.

In later versions of Scid (e.g. debian 4.7.4 or sourceforge 5.0.2), there is only the menu option Database | Maintenance | Cleaner. It doesn't do any repairing. Anyway it only works after the database is opened, and you are not getting that far.

--
Alan