Fellow Educators:

Shedd Aquarium has launched is new website at http://www.sheddaquarium.org

Make sure to stop by and look at the "Teach and Learn" section of the
website, where we have a wide array of resources available for Educators of
all experience levels, such as:

Self-guided visits
Visiting Shedd Aquarium on a field trip can be a wonderful experience for
students, teachers, and chaperones. From Illinois to the Amazon, your group
will see animals from all over the world during your visit.

Classroom and Laboratory Programs
Add depth to your field trip by including one of our interactive classroom
or laboratory programs. All programs are held in our Aquatic Science Center
(ASC) and are carefully aligned to the ISBE Learning Standards for Science.

Outreach Programs
Make a splash at your school with a visit from Shedd! Each of our four
auditorium programs can serve between 100 and 250 students. The
presentations are tailored for the specific grade levels listed below.
Students attending these programs will receive a pass good for three
children and two adults to visit Shedd for free to promote family centered
learning about aquatic life and environments.

Activity Guides
Don't forget Shedd's wonderful series of activity guides designed to augment
your curricula. Geared to specific grade levels, the publications merge the
Aquarium's expertise in engaging young minds on the topic of aquatic science
with the Illinois State Goals in Science and the National Education Science
Standards.

Discovery Boxes
Designed to compliment each of our activity guides, discovery boxes contain
books, artifacts, models and other learning resources for your students to
explore.

Teacher Workshops
We strive to bring you programs that you can really use in your classroom.
Whether our workshops demonstrate how to set up an aquarium in your
classroom and tie it into your curriculum or work collaboratively with
another Chicago museum on a graduate-level course, we give you in-depth
information in an accessible, hands-on way.

Teacher In-services
Want to learn more about what Shedd has to off our teachers? Our in-services
highlight the many programs and resources we have for teachers and their
students.

Fish Tails
Teachers, reel in the latest information about workshops, trips, and other
opportunities for teachers, students, and families! You'll find it all in
Fish Tails, a newsletter designed for teachers. Keep up with current
education happenings at Shedd, check out available resources, and explore
articles on relevant current issues for teachers, such as teacher
re-certification and conservation initiatives. Would you like to see our
most recent edition?

Teacher Trips
Take a trip with Shedd Aquarium and bring a world of experience to your
classroom! Shedd offers teachers the opportunity to travel with aquarium
staff to experience natural habitats of our animals first hand. Wherever our
travels take us -- the Amazon, for example -- you can be sure of bringing
back a world of information to your students.

If you have any questions, contact

Adrian Perez
Manager of School Programs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]