Hi again all,

This has started to bug me in a multi-monitor setup....

1) notification-daemon always seems to pop up the notifications on the Top Right (This is good) of the screen that the mouse is currently on (this is bad). Is there a way that I can tell notification-daemon to use screen #x for all notifications instead of them changing based on where the mouse is at the time?

I had a quick look in the schema for notification-daemon that is presented via gconf-editor, but nothing stood out.

2) New windows seem to follow the mouse also. If I click the Thunderbird icon for instance, then move my mouse to the left of the three screens, the new thunderbird windows will appear on the left screen. If I leave the mouse on the middle screen, it will appear there - same with the right screen. Is there a way to disable this behaviour to either have the windows appear where they were last, or the centre by default?

Sorry if these seem to be fairly newbie questions - my history with linux has always been on the server / CLI end - this is the first time I've really been using linux on the desktop...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: net...@crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au