It is possible to recover some of the data if it has not been overwritten,
but it won't be easy. Stop using the computer right now to prevent
overwriting diskspace previously used by /home. Go to this site and start
reading. Basically, you need to boot up from a DVD/CD rescue disk that
mounts your disk in read only mode.

http://www.sysresccd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:48 AM, Steven Haigh <net...@crc.id.au> wrote:

> On 09/04/13 18:29, vivek chalotra wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> One of my friend has deleted all the data in /home by mistake using  rm
>> -rf command.
>> She actually used $ rm -rf ~
>> Now is there any way to recover that precious data.
>>

> Restore from backup.
>
> If you don't have a backup, let this serve as a lesson as to WHY a backup
> is important.
>
> --
> Steven Haigh
>
> Email: net...@crc.id.au