Here's a line from /etc/fstab on an SL5 machine. It might work for SL6, too, assuming you have a /mnt/cdrom directory:

/dev/cdrom   /mnt/cdrom   udf,iso9660   noauto,owner,kudzu,ro   0 0

Or maybe it would work to instead make make /media/CDROM_ into a symbolic link to /mnt/cdrom before loading the CD.

Steven Yellin