>________________________________

I am well aware of the above, but I am typing this from a fully subscribed RHEL
workstation. :)

I always assumed that the SL devs had at least one real RHEL subscription, to
ensure access to the source. I was always amazed how helpful Red Hat have been
in that regard and was always a bit nervous about rebuild distributions for
that reason. Let's be thankful that SL linux guys were invited to a conf call
with RH/CentOS. I bet Oracle never got such an offer.