I run a data acquisition system I wrote under a minimal live SL system.  About
250MB.  I studied Urs' scripts, stole a bunch of his work, and wrote my own
scripts to create my own live SL CD.

My systems are still running SL5x since I've not had time to update the
scripts.  They are not as nice as Urs' live CDs but I was really after an
appliance that I can cycle power on without worrying about saving data or
corrupting an actual hard drive.

I can definitely recommend Urs' www.livecd.ethz.ch site.  If you need help, we
can discuss this off-line.

Ken