Thanks Stephan,

On 06/24/2014 01:07 AM, Stephan Wiesand wrote:
On 2014-06-24, at 6:48, Joseph Areeda <newsre...@areeda.com> wrote:

I have a C++ program that runs on multiple systems.  It uses a proprietary
network protocol contained in a shared object.

On one of the systems I get this error regularly but not often enough to use a
debugger:

NDS library error: Resource temporarily unavailable

It only seems to happen on one system, my workstation.  I've reinstalled the
library.  I have Googled my heart out and while I see the error reported in
other packages I haven't found anything that explains what it means.  NDS is
the name of the service (Network Data Service).

The only hints I've gotten suggest it might mean the network interface itself
might be involved but nothing else seems to have a problem.  If it were a bug
in the library I'd expect to see it on the other systems which are in
production.

Any clues as to what it means or where to read up on it would be greatly
appreciated.
Some library call returned EAGAIN. The prime suspect is usually fork(2), but in
the case of a network library, I'd look at send(2) first.

Hth
        Stephan