Hi Nico,

  I tried to create the partition, but it failed with the error I sent. I
was a bit surprised that the issue had been in public for quite a while
(2-3 years). I tried CentOS, Oracle linux, RHEL (trial), fedora 20, every
release has similar issue to partition the hard drive. I only noticed that
Fedora plans a fix in the 21 release which will be available by the end of
this year.

  I had been using dual-boot linux along with windows from RHEL3, SL4 to
SL7 now. Before I tried SL7, I tried parallel desktop (trial) and
virtualbox on my macbook. Recently there was a report about the their
performance, in brief, the performance is not as good as a single laptop,
that is one reason I want install SL7 along with OSX. Another reason is
that I'd like to take full advantage of my mac (16 GB RAM, Intel Iris
Pro/1536MB & Nvidia GT 750M/2GB). While virtual box has no way to use
graphics (virtual box: up to 128 MB), thanks.

   Feng