On 8 December 2014 at 16:03, Yasha Karant <ykar...@csusb.edu> wrote:

>  You are quite correct that the web page states that the application is
> not under current development (presumably neither is it
> currently being supported, so there are no further maintenance releases).
> Is anyone aware of a current open systems project that replaces/updates
> amaya?  I used amaya because in some sense it was the "reference" W3C web
> editor and (purportedly) fully
> W3C compliant -- no special vendor proprietary "hooks" (e.g., some of the
> W3C non-compliant features introduced by a particular monopoly vendor in
> order to generate a captive market).

It wasn't ever really compliant.. mainly because W3C is a huge consortium
and there were different views for a long time about what was 'official'
[Those oligarch vendors are all members of the consortium for years.] I
think it was HTML 3 compliant and possibly HTML 4.0 compliant but after
that it was hit or miss depending on how strict you wanted to be.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.