On 29 January 2015 at 09:41, Phil Wyett <philwyett.vende...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2015-01-29 at 08:30 -0800, Joseph Areeda wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been getting random crashes of X on my development workstation with
> > messages like:
> >
> > on console: cpu #X stuck in [X:...]
> > .xsession-errors contain things like: "gnome-session: Fatal IO error 11
> > (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0."
> > /var/log/messages has "NVRM: GPU at 0000:01:00.0 has fallen off the bus."
> >
> > Most things I've been able to find suggest a driver vs. kernel problem
> > so I updated to the latest driver from NVidia (346.35) with no luck.
> >
> > Have others seen this?  Any hints?  Could it be the NVidia card failing?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joe
>
> Hi,
>
> I have seen this once before with a persons system. The issue in that
> case was a bad physical connection. Removing the card, cleaning the
> connections and reseating the card corrected the issue.

Another place I have seen it is where the connector is bad. Sometimes it is
the motherboard and sometimes it is the video board. Works fine until the
system got warm and then it quit working. In the case of the video board it
was a simple replace and get working. In the case of the motherboard, it
was only found because the cards worked fine in other systems but not this
one.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.