On 06/05/2015 09:03 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

On Jun 5, 2015 14:25, "ToddAndMargo" <toddandma...@zoho.com
<mailto:toddandma...@zoho.com>> wrote:

 > On 06/05/2015 11:59 AM, Tom H wrote:
 >>
 >> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 1:57 PM, ToddAndMargo <toddandma...@zoho.com
<mailto:toddandma...@zoho.com>> wrote:

 >>> The only exception is that if it is supported by the Fedora
 >>> project. RHEL and clones are variations of Fedora. SL6
 >>> is essentially Fedora Core 13 and SL7 is essentially
 >>> Fedora Core 21.
 >>

 >> I doubt that the RHEL developers would like the "essentially."
 >

 > Chuckle!
 >

 >> But they'd love to know that they have a time machine given that F21
 >> was released on December 9th and RHEL7 was released on June 10th. :)
 >>

 > Chuckle!  7.x  not 7.0.
 >
 > Red Hat uses Fedora as their proving/testing ground, then wraps it
 > up into RHEL.

RHEL 7 is based off of fedora 19 with only few items back ported. RHEL
20 and 21 might only have a few items moved over to 7.1 but the majority
of things from kernel and GCC and glibc are from 18 and 19.

Rhel 6 is based off of fedora 12 and rhel 5 is based off of fedora 6

 > -T

This is why I used the "weasel" word "essentially".  :-)

A lot of FC22's RPM will work in SL 7.