Now that SL 6.8 has been released, many packages in the sl6x-related repos are shown as upgradeable, but the release announcement still includes the warning that:

There should be no expectation that a "yum" upgrade to SL 6.8 will work.
A new install is the recommended method to move from "sl6rolling" and the released SL 6.8.

Does this still apply? When I first saw it I assumed that it referred specifically to the RCs, but it's still there, post-release. I'm pretty sure I didn't do a fresh install for 6.6 > 6.7

Thanks,

John Pilkington