I'm trying to isolate a network problem and I need some debugging help.
Frustrating when I am not fluent in the new sys admin tools.

Symptom is as follows:  I have a machine running Fedora 24 with its firewall
zone set to work.  I cannot ping the machine except from the same subnet.  I
don't have this problem with a second machine running the same OS/rev with the
same firewall setup.  I'm not sure where to look.

I've dumped out both machines iptables.  See attachment.  I did a diff -y and they look
almost identical.  The machine that does not work has 2 nics, one which is connected to a
192.168 network.  It has additional rules in the various chains but they are all
"from anywhere to anywhere".  I'm assuming the additional rules come from the
second interface.

I've put a query to my networking folks to see if the problem is further
upstream.  But I thought I'd ask if I have missed something obvious.

I know it's not SL7 but they use the same tools:  nmcli and firewall-cmd.

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ctstate
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
INPUT_direct  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
INPUT_ZONES_SOURCE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
INPUT_ZONES  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ctstate INVALID
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ctstate
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FORWARD_direct  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FORWARD_IN_ZONES_SOURCE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FORWARD_IN_ZONES  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FORWARD_OUT_ZONES_SOURCE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FORWARD_OUT_ZONES  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ctstate INVALID
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
OUTPUT_direct  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD_IN_ZONES (1 references)
FWDI_work  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]
FWDI_work  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]
FWDI_work  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]

Chain FORWARD_IN_ZONES_SOURCE (1 references)

Chain FORWARD_OUT_ZONES (1 references)
FWDO_work  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]
FWDO_work  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]
FWDO_work  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]

Chain FORWARD_OUT_ZONES_SOURCE (1 references)

Chain FORWARD_direct (1 references)

Chain FWDI_work (3 references)
FWDI_work_log  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FWDI_work_deny  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FWDI_work_allow  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FWDI_work_allow (1 references)

Chain FWDI_work_deny (1 references)

Chain FWDI_work_log (1 references)

Chain FWDO_work (3 references)
FWDO_work_log  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FWDO_work_deny  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FWDO_work_allow  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FWDO_work_allow (1 references)

Chain FWDO_work_deny (1 references)

Chain FWDO_work_log (1 references)

Chain INPUT_ZONES (1 references)
IN_work    all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]
IN_work    all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]
IN_work    all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]

Chain INPUT_ZONES_SOURCE (1 references)

Chain INPUT_direct (1 references)

Chain IN_work (3 references)
IN_work_log  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
IN_work_deny  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
IN_work_allow  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain IN_work_allow (1 references)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:ssh
ctstate NEW
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251          udp dpt:mdns
ctstate NEW

Chain IN_work_deny (1 references)

Chain IN_work_log (1 references)

Chain OUTPUT_direct (1 references)
[...]

Chain FWDI_work (2 references)
FWDI_work_log  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FWDI_work_deny  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FWDI_work_allow  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FWDI_work_allow (1 references)

Chain FWDI_work_deny (1 references)

Chain FWDI_work_log (1 references)

Chain FWDO_work (2 references)
FWDO_work_log  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FWDO_work_deny  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
FWDO_work_allow  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FWDO_work_allow (1 references)

Chain FWDO_work_deny (1 references)

Chain FWDO_work_log (1 references)

Chain INPUT_ZONES (1 references)
IN_work    all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]
IN_work    all  --  anywhere             anywhere            [goto]

Chain INPUT_ZONES_SOURCE (1 references)

Chain INPUT_direct (1 references)

Chain IN_work (2 references)