> On 16 Jan 2017, at 03:30, Yasha Karant <ykar...@csusb.edu> wrote:
>
> Are there any email apps, preferably licensed for free and not requiring an
> additional service, that will connect to arbitrary MAP servers and provide
> anything close to a Thunderbird email client end-user experience?

If by MAP you mean IMAP then the built-in iOS Mail app works quite well. Used
it with Cyrus and Exim running on SL6 when we ran an in-house mail server.
Currently using it with Fastmail (which uses Cyrus) without issues. It’s not so
good with Exchange or Office 365 IMAP/SMTP servers but those seem to cause
problems for lots of people.

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No. SC013532.